View Single Post
Old 03-05-2008, 04:52 PM   #23
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Quote:
Originally Posted by llasram View Post
Although I think most of us agree DRM-stripping for personal format-shifting is ethically reasonable, it’s certainly of questionable legality in the US and other nations with DMCA-like laws. Distribution of a file which is only usable in tandem with a deDRMed file would be implicit evidence of DRM-stripping on the part of both the distributor and the recipient. I think it would be nice to be able to do something like this, but I’m not sure how “safe” it would be.
True, I for one, wouldn't want to take the risk. But reading that post has me thinking of a lovely new notation:

de-DRM-ed

for liberated books
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote