View Single Post
Old 06-10-2011, 09:26 PM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikegetz View Post
ok. i already searched, and haven't found a clear answer.</disclaimer>

my problem: i have 2 separate libraries. each has about 8k books.
the kicker: there are about 3k dupes between the 2, and about 150 dupes in one itself.

my goal: create an empty library, like a brand new install, without deleting my existing libraries.
then, i plan on importing them again, to weed out the dupes efficiently.

the kicker: i can't figure out how to get an empty library without copying the existing files.

i am not looking to restructure the library. i don't want to tweak anything - mad props to Kovid and all his work. I just am having difficulties applying it to my (possibly) unique situation.
There is an arrow
It is right next to the Library icon
On this arrow
There are choices.
The first is to Create (or switch).
If you create, it will be empty

Now use the same arrow to switch back to your existing Library

Now you can Select some books
and Right-click.
There are choices.
Choose the one that says 'Copy to Library'
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote