View Single Post
Old 03-17-2008, 03:38 PM   #4
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexM View Post
I just got off the phone with Sony tech support, and was told that if the battery dies on a PRS-505, and it is out of warranty, the cost to replace it is $251.12 plus tax, shipping, etc. This appears to be a deal breaker, as the Kindle battery is user replaceable.

Has anyone come up with a way of replacing the PRS-505 battery?

Thanks in advance....Bruce
$250 to replace the battery? I can get a brand new reader on on Amazon for $255 today. They must be high.

I was able to get a replacement battery for my iPod for $20 or so. But, then again, iPods are ubiquitios so there is some money to be made here.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote