View Single Post
Old 10-17-2012, 11:53 AM   #14
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by kim1406 View Post
I tried them both, and non of them displays the Arabic correctly.
I'm sorry to hear this. It looks like there's a problem with the PW firmware.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kim1406 View Post
What can I do now, is it possible to have a solution after jailbreaking the device?
Not really. Even on the K3, only two alternative reading apps supported Arabic:

1. Duokan Lite [Not Duokan 2012] (RTL support was sketchy, for example it wouldn't open your Kalila wa Dimna epub.)

2. fbKindle with Matan's patch (slightly better RTL support, but no support for embedded fonts.)

(CoolReader doesn't support RTL text at all and won't support RTL text in the future according to the developers.)

If RTL support is important to you, you may want to return the PW and either get an older Kindle or better an iPad (or another reader that doesn't use the ADE engine).

You could also mention this issue in the Kindle Developer's forum, but hardly anybody there seems to be interested in localization issues.
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote