View Single Post
Old 08-12-2013, 12:46 PM   #9
eevan
eevan began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by met67 View Post
I suspect that the poor quality of Italian hyphenation depends on the provided hyphenation dictinary, but didn't made any test with a better one.
Here is what I tried.
I replaced the built-in italian hyphenation dictionary with the serbian one using the anak's method. Then I marked properly a serbian language book as an italian (so, the Dublin Core language metadata in content file of the book is set to "it" along with lang and xml:lang attributes of html tags of all .html files in the book are set to "it"). Then I transfered the book as kepub. Book details on the Kobo displays the language of the book as Italiano. I also used * { -webkit-hyphens: auto; } rule.

But the hyphenation doesen't work

When I deleted the book and transfered it again as regular epub, the hyphenation was done properly in the ADOBE renderer.

I also tried to load the dictionary as a new language, hyph_sr.dic and hyph_sr_RS.dic and marked the book's language the same way as in the first experiment using "sr" tag. Again, the hyphenation was missing in ACCESS renderer and worked fine in ADOBE.

So, maybe this means that the ACCESS doesn't share the same dictionary files with ADOBE renderer?

Cheers
eevan is offline   Reply With Quote