View Single Post
Old 08-12-2013, 03:15 PM   #1
crystamichelle
crystamichelle began at the beginning.

Device: none
Unhappy Epub crashes on Sigil for Mac, OK on Sigil for PC

Hi all,

I am new on the forums, but have been using Sigil for quite some time. It has proven an invaluable piece of software.

Recently, I began working on an epub that I had exported from InDesign. I managed to work through some of my workflow, but somewhere along the way I managed to corrupt my file and Sigil started crashing.

As a sort of work around, I ran the epub through Calibre conversion (from epub to epub) to see if that would catch and fix the issue. No dice.

As a last ditch effort, I installed Sigil on our PC and tried working on the file there. It worked! I was able to continue editing the file. As I was working, I saved different versions along the way, to see if I could get any of them to work on my Mac. Still no luck. (I should say that the file initially loads fine, but once I double click any of the other internal xhtml files, the crash happens.)

Any ideas what would cause a file to crash the Mac version of Sigil and not the PC version?

Your help would be appreciated.

(I am using Sigil 0.5.3 on a Mac running OSX 10.6.8)

Last edited by crystamichelle; 08-12-2013 at 06:39 PM. Reason: Typo in Sigil version number
crystamichelle is offline   Reply With Quote