View Single Post
Old 09-08-2013, 12:17 PM   #15
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by INCSlayer View Post
what do i change to get the total numbers of pages in the reader file? i cant find that information in the post you linked
Quote:
Originally Posted by INCSlayer View Post
what do i change to get the total numbers of pages in the reader file? i cant find that information in the post you linked
Connect your device to a computer, and navigate to the file "Kobo_eReader.conf" in the directory .kobo\Kobo\Kobo_eReader.conf".
Open this file (which is a text file) and:

1. IF the files contains somewhere the heading:
Quote:
[FeatureSettings]
then add somewhere beaneat it the line
Quote:
FullBookPageNumbers=true
2. IF there is no line, then simply add
Quote:
[FeatureSettings]
FullBookPageNumbers=true
to the file

Save, disconnect safely, and you should be done, though I cannot remember whether you have to restart the reader for the change to take effect. Now when you load a book you may notice it will take a little bit longer to load, ditto if you change the font size (as I think in this case it changes the whole book in one go rather than chapter by chapter, but I am not sure).

Also, before doing any changes I would suggest backing up your reader completely (i.e. copy the whole drive on your computer), so you can restore it should anything go wrong (which it should not).

For more things you could change have a look at this thread.
paola is offline   Reply With Quote