View Single Post
Old 05-01-2020, 06:46 PM   #7
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by pricciar View Post
After allowing commenters her twist my arm and convince me I ordered a Libra H2O from the Kobo website (oddly, it appears to be out of stock now. I don't know what that means, but I am super happy that I got it a day before that happened.) While it is on its way to me, I thought I should prepare by getting some of my books converted to the KEPUB format, and got the right plug-ins installed in Calibre.

What are the must have plugins to use Calibre with Kobo effectively?
I searched around installed these 4

Kobo Utilities
Looks like this will allow me to update metadata in books, and work with collections inside of Calibre.

KoboTouchExtended
I guess this allows for epubs to be converted to kepub?

That's what I have so far. Any other suggestions? Should I convert my books now, or wait until I get the thing and convert as I copy over to the device?

Any advice is welcomed!
Twp of those at least. For me, davidfor's KoboUtilities plugin and KoboTouch driver are necessities.

For the few kepubs I'm using, I've been using geek1011's kepubify with the -calibre option (saves the output file as .kepub so it can co-exist with the original epub in my calibre library). Handy for testing and the few ebooks I have where I want to be able to zoom images. This makes the KoboTouchExtended driver a non-starter for me. Having both versions also helps when I want to compare the behaviour of the two renderers. There are some odd differences between their behaviour in such items as font handling.

Otherwise, I use the Quality Check, ModifyEPUB and KindleUnpack plugins. And of course, the deDRM and obok plugins. Other plugins that are used lightly used (ScambleEbook, for example) tend to get installed as needed and then removed after use.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote