View Single Post
Old 05-11-2020, 08:37 AM   #9
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7dau253mrwry4spf View Post
@davidfor

I read this paragraph on the kobolabs page, especially the "Warning" section; however it seems that the kobo aura one behaves differently: given the following code taken from a real ebook (epub2 converted to kepub with calibre)

Code:
<li><a href="colophon.xhtml">Imprint</a></li>
<li><a href="foreword.xhtml">Foreword</a></li>
the "Imprint" page opens directly, while the "Foreword" page opens in the previewer;
I am extremely surprised by that behaviour. I'd like to see the book to work out what is happening. Is it somewhere I can see?
Quote:
Again, given the following code

Code:
<!-- code from "toc.xhtml" -->
<li><a href="preface.xhtml#toc_6">Organization of This Book</a></li>

<!-- code from "preface.xhtml" -->
<a id="toc_6"></a>
<div class="section">Organization of This Book</div>
the "Organization of This Book" section opens in the previewer.
Which, assuming link is before the target does fit my description above.
Quote:
Is there a technical document that teaches me how to write the code of a link that opens in the previewer (as for the footnotes) and how to write the different code of a link that directly opens the pointed page?
You mean apart from the link you posted above? That is the only official documentation for kepubs that I know of. And that is the only official description of how footnotes work. Almost everything else is guesswork based on experiments done by various people here. And that is why I suggested searching the forum.

But, really, if you know how to create a link and a target, then you know how to do it.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote