View Single Post
Old 07-22-2020, 12:27 PM   #19
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Aura Edition 2 v1, Clara HD
Thanks, @DNSB.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
#value# may not always be a string. Looking at my own calibre custom columns I have examples of all of these - null, string, integer, boolean, list. This may not be exhaustive. Contents of #value# is going to depend on what type of custom column has been defined.
That makes sense. I won't be supporting anything but a string, but I wanted to confirm it wasn't inside another object or something. I can check the type while parsing it.

Quote:
There is no guarantee that the custom column(s) being used to derive Kobo subtitle is #subtitle (e.g. mine is #awards). But perhaps your're saying that, for simplicity, you only intend to support this simple scenario.
Yes, that's correct. I'm only going support a custom column named "#subtitle", as it appears to make the most sense to me out of all the ways of having non-standard Calibre metadata.

Quote:
Which standard EPUB3 metadata is calibre not supporting?
  • All EPUB3 metadata around meta[property][refines="#..."]. Series metadata isn't supported at all (it only supports calibre:series), you can't refine the role on a dc:author (it only supports EPUB2 opf:role), etc.
  • I don't think it supports EPUB3 nav documents.
  • I'm not 100% certian about this one, but I don't think it supports [properties="cover-image"] on manifest items.
geek1011 is offline   Reply With Quote