View Single Post
Old 04-06-2021, 09:47 AM   #9
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by codychan View Post
Yes, all the books I modified are already inside my kobo device, I just changed the metadata and test the "Automatic management", plug->change metabada-> Eject the device, that's all, and I tried several times for books in series B, and every time it doesn't sync automatically, I have to replug again, don't know why.

Here is the log of debug-mode, steps:
1. restart calibre in debug mode
2. plug kobo device, wait for the process completed
3. change a title in series B
4. Eject this device, check the kobo library, title is not updated
5. replug kobo device, wait for the process completed
6. Eject this device, check the kobo library, the title is updated.
7. exit Calibre and get the log file
That is working as designed. The metadata is updated on the device when it is connected. There are several jobs run at that time. The "Send metadata to device" job is the one that does the update. And changes made after that job is run does not get updated on the device until the next time the device is connected.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote