View Single Post
Old 04-07-2021, 10:03 PM   #31
pata
Zealot
pata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: N/A
This has very similar specs to the Kingrow K1 I bought 18 months ago (2019) for $250! The Xiaomi appears to have the exact same 5.2” screen but with a warmer frontlight upgrade. It have only 1GB RAM though, compared to the 2GB RAM of the K1.

I found the K1 screen pleasant enough for reading via the Kobo and Kindle app. The problem with the K1 was all the hurdles before reading. My carrier cellular bands wasn’t supported and it could only access 2.4GHz Wifi, and it couldn’t run Google Play store, so I had to do a lot of side loading. If Xiaomi can remove those pain points then I’m interested. I much prefer smaller one-hand readers to the ever the wider Kindle Paperwhite or enlarging Hisense phones even though Hisense have prettier screens
pata is offline   Reply With Quote