View Single Post
Old 03-16-2022, 04:41 AM   #11
calibre_sync
Enthusiast
calibre_sync knows what is on the back of the AURYN.calibre_sync knows what is on the back of the AURYN.calibre_sync knows what is on the back of the AURYN.calibre_sync knows what is on the back of the AURYN.calibre_sync knows what is on the back of the AURYN.calibre_sync knows what is on the back of the AURYN.calibre_sync knows what is on the back of the AURYN.calibre_sync knows what is on the back of the AURYN.calibre_sync knows what is on the back of the AURYN.calibre_sync knows what is on the back of the AURYN.calibre_sync knows what is on the back of the AURYN.

Device: Kindle paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by stumped View Post
been using c-s for ages on 2 tablets but I have a couple of issues
on my newer tablet [ android 9 i think ] - all seems good except that I cannot seem to select an SD card location as default download directory - it will only use main internal storage

on my older android 7 lenovo tablet, every download gets an unwanted suffix - a long string of random characters , added to end of filename. a dash then maybe 16 characters every time, is suffixed.
so if"book title - book author.epub" is downloaded by calibre sync - from dropbox to device - ,it arrives as
"book title - book author-garbage character string.epub"
same with pdf.
its more noticable in pdf as the variosu pdf readers display that additional nonsense, whereas moon reader will hide it , for epubs.
this is before sync invokes a reader app, its at the download stage, before the "open" stage.
i wasted ages trying to figure out why. i guess its just how the app works in android 7 and is not fixable ?
changing the default download location does not change this behaviour. The tablet has an sd card which has been adopted for additional storage, so I see a single large storage area.
if i do the apps job for it - i.e. go to calibre library in dropbox using the installed dropbox android app, , select a book file, export it via save to device, then the filename is not messed with by dropbox or android, it works like it should.

About android 9 cannot select sdcard: it is an unexpected behaviour as we haven't seen reported issue, also it works in all our tests. Could you email your issue to us at calibre.sync.help@gmail.com so that we can look further?

About the characters appending to book title in downloaded files, they are actually book UUID. It is our design choice to make the download filename unique in download directory. The use case, for example, is that users might have multiple libraries point to a single download location, keeping only book title might have a chance of clashing name. If you manage your library from Calibre Sync app, it should understand the file name pattern correctly.

Hope that helps
calibre_sync is offline   Reply With Quote