View Single Post
Old 04-07-2022, 01:08 PM   #9
Katsunami
Grand Sorcerer
Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW1, KA1
Quote:
Originally Posted by salamanderjuice View Post
EPUB 2 is absolutely NOT the best format. EPUB 3 is a thing and it does offer benefits over 2 even for English books. If you have an Epub 3 and it works on your devices just leave it like that. It's best to just keep books in the original format that you have that supports the most features and works with your tools.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
To be fair, he said 'best-known format', not 'best format'.
Indeed. There may be benefits to EPUB3; at some point, I may convert my entire library to EPUB3. I don't know yet. It is just that EPUB2 is (nowadays) an old format, which has been in use like forever (I never had an EPUB1 book, for example), so I don't see it disappearing soon. EPUB2 will be supported for a LONG time to come, just like (for example) jpg, mp3, and FLAC. Some formats have just become the 'de facto standard' and it's impossible to NOT support them in your application. I think EPUB2 is one of them, and that's the reason why my entire library is EPUB2.
Katsunami is offline   Reply With Quote