View Single Post
Old 07-28-2022, 05:57 PM   #55
sherman
Guru
sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajkessel View Post
When I telnet into my Kobo Libra 2 and run
Code:
qndb -t 60000 -s pfmDoneProcessing -m pfmRescanBooksFull
It does what you would expect as documented. But when I put that command in a shell script that is spawned from NickelMenu, it seems to not wait for the rescan to finish--it immediately goes to the next line of the script. I can add a manual sleep line in the script but I don't understand why the qndb command works in one context but not another. Can anyone point me in the right direction?
When you use cmd_spawn in NickelMenu, it runs the script in a separate process, then carries on. If you try and use cmd_output, NickelMenu & NickelDBus will conflict with each other.

If you want to do stuff after the content import, you should do it in the shell script if possible. If there is something that you are trying to do in NickelMenu that can't be done in NickelDBus, let me know, and I might be able to add it.
sherman is offline   Reply With Quote