Old 12-10-2022, 07:06 AM   #43
denisuu
Zealot
denisuu has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Onyx Leaf 2 (White)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renate View Post
That's a great find.
It confirms some things that I've never had proof of.
The first is that (obviously) the test points are checked right in the ROM bootloader and will always work. The "grounding USB D+" is in XBL and is dependent on whether the code is in there.

Also it necessitates standing on your head and having the timing correct.
Yes the timing is a pain, but the same goes for shorting the EDL pads and getting in to Recovery. It's just trial and error until it finally works. I still haven't found a consistent way of getting in, I just keep holding all 3 buttons and release them randomly until I hear/see it being detected by Windows.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renate View Post
In any case, where are the Firehose loaders for this thing?
Onyx (so far) has been very accomodating and not using Secure Boot.
One last shot in the dark is this loader: https://github.com/bkerler/Loaders/r...5106_fhprg.bin
It's for an SM/SMP_AGATTI.
No luck, same result as all the others.

Code:
Waiting for Firehose... No response, poking...
Could not write device
So the only difference between QCM and QCS 2290 is LTE support. Is there a loader for QCM4290/QCS4290? They're also mentioned in the spec-sheet. How do you find these loaders? Do you have to download them all and open them with qcomview.exe to see which chipsets they support?

Maybe a loader for Qualcomm 630 (which CPU-z misidentifies it as) might work? I'm trying to figure out how the Python EDL program works while I'm waiting for the UART-USB to arrive.
denisuu is offline   Reply With Quote