View Single Post
Old 01-25-2023, 10:00 AM   #450
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by petro1 View Post
I hope this is the right place for a question. I've got a Clara HD, and I've been somewhat confused by the font settings. Particularly, I want to know if there can be separate settings for each book and how that can be managed. It seems like if I change the settings in one book, it sometimes affects other books and sometimes not. I'd like to be able to consistently separate the settings for each book if that's possible. I know koreader can do that, but it's too slow loading large books for me to use it for everything.
All books have the font settings stored in the KoboReader.sqlite database. EDIT: Specifically, the content_settings table (see attached screenshot for what it looks like in the db). Note that custom CSS may override this.

If a book has no font already set, it'll take it from the previously viewed book. This can have odd results, especially if there's custom CSS or the kepub/epub font size inconsistency involved.

If you use Calibre, the Kobo Utilities plugin lets you set the font for the selected books. I like to pre-set them ahead of time.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2023-01-25 11_05_10-SQLiteStudio (3.2.1) - [content_settings (KoboReader)].png
Views:	437
Size:	122.0 KB
ID:	199245  

Last edited by ownedbycats; 01-25-2023 at 10:14 AM.
ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote