View Single Post
Old 08-24-2023, 10:35 AM   #8
thiago.eec
Guru
thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Comfy.n View Post
I read more often in Calibre's Ebook viewer, and I had never observed that the Count Pages plugin doesn't pull the actual number of pages from it, even if the specific Viewer Algorithm is selected in the plugin options.
I suspect the Viewer Algorithm has changed since it was coded by the plugin author and never got updated.

Quote:
As for the Reading Progress (percentage), I haven't figured a way to update it...
Well, that's the only info that I fill manually. I get it from my reader (calibre viewer, Kindle or @Voice Aloud Reader). Calibre viewer can display it automatically at header/footer. Check the viewer preferences.

Quote:
Also, it would be nice to have a "select book in library" button similar to the one in the FTS window, or perhaps a double-click action in the 'Edit reading goal' dialog.
I'll take a look at that. Maybe a 'Mark selected books' button.

Quote:
BTW there's a small typo in the 'Edit reading goal' help dialogue: should be "The options are.."
Thanks! I'll fix that.

Quote:
I've just now thought of this: the Highlights in the Annotations browser have a timestamp and possibly a coded "position"...
Using the last highlight as a progress indicator could be really misleading, don't you think? I mean, you could read a lot until you find something worth highlighting again.
thiago.eec is offline   Reply With Quote