View Single Post
Old 01-10-2024, 10:47 AM   #18
Uncle Robin
Diligent dilettante
Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage; Kobo Libra H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by queenofthenorth View Post
I recently switched from Kindle to Kobo (sage) because of the easier book management systems. I have 2,000+ books and am aiming to have them organised by genre for ease of navigation. I've been organising them into genres and sub-genres in Calibre (genre. subgenre), but the original firmware only supports one folder, so I'd initially used the tags. I just installed Koreader and prefer the folder management - is there any way to create sub-collections/ folders? The default seems to be by author. If this is doable - any way a book can sit in two folders?

If none of this is possible, how do you manage your collections?

Any help is much appreciated!

As a Sage owner who uses KOReader for 98% of my reading my first piece of advice is - ignore the arrant nonsense about it only having one advantage over the stock reader. Utter balderdash.

That said, I'd echo the advice to make good use of the calibre metadata search function. It's how I search my Sage library and if you assign your genres and subgenres as tags, they will all be searchable. As will series and author, in addition to titles of course. By assigning multiple tags to a book, it will show up in each of those result sets, which may be close to what you were after.

You can assign a shortcut to access the metadata search or perhaps even easier, a gesture. I use gestures A LOT, they are one of the many customisation features of KOReader that I find make it infinitely preferable to the stock reader
Uncle Robin is offline   Reply With Quote