View Single Post
Old 01-16-2024, 02:20 PM   #51
haertig
Wizard
haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW3, Fire HD8 Gen7, Moto G7, Sansa Clip v2, Ruizu X26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arconte View Post
What I am saying is if someone have the option to read, it is a waste of meaning, chilling, mental exercise and beauty to listen instead of reading them.
That is your opinion, and it's a fine opinion. But it is only an opinion. Others opinions are different.

As one who does not really fit well in this forum, I can tell you that I have learned that if you strongly state an opinion here, and it is counter to others differing opinions, you will hear about it. If this is not something that you can learn to enjoy, or at least tolerate, this forum may turn out to be a problem for you. It is by far the fiercest forum I log into. Which was quite a surprise to me for a forum dedicated to reading. Very few people cut anybody any slack here. So you gotta have thick skin to participate. I do not think this is due to any inherent maliciousness. I think it is because most people here are pretty damn intelligent. And with that usually comes solidity in one's beliefs, a willingness to state those beliefs, pretty decent debate abilities, and a lot of self confidence. Really, these are all good traits. But you don't want to step into the middle of them if you're a wiener. You seem to be doing quite well thus far , but I was just giving you my insights since you are new here (welcome!)
haertig is offline   Reply With Quote