View Single Post
Old 03-25-2024, 12:17 PM   #50
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Quote:
Originally Posted by cellaris View Post
There are videos on YouTube comparing the NextPaper 11 with e-readers (colour and monochrome).
Those are useless because videos don't have the image quality. I looked at several.

Also on Nxtpaper 11 it's important to do five things:
1) Switch off enhancements for reading as they make it worse. They are gimmicks like "feature modes on TVs"
2) Set colour mode to sRGB
3) On advanced almost centre the colour balance wheel which is neutral. The SW for that is broken as it doesn't change near peak white or peak white brightness colour balance, only less bright greyish whites.
4) Switch off auto-brightness. Like everything else with it since about 1956 (Some 1950s and 1960s TVs used to have it) it's mostly useless.
5) Set brightness so peak white is just slightly dimmer than fresh laser printer/copier paper in same ambient light. Basically about 13% to 27% unless you are outdoors.

Then comparative shots at normal same reading distance with a camera that does no processing. Ideally lock white balance and exposure or we can 't compare.

Also shots with no reflections and with a bright reflection on a shiny tablet/phone and the ereaders and Nxtpaper 11 at same location and distance.

This takes some practice to get right unless you are a serious photographer.

Specify what took the pictures and the ambient and reader/tablet light settings.

I can't see any photo there that looks remotely like what I see on my Nxtpaper 11.

Also you need some mono text (a novel), 1 up page portrait and 2up page portrait with reader/tablet held in landscape and also some PDF scans with dirty backgrounds.

Last edited by Quoth; 03-25-2024 at 12:22 PM.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote