View Single Post
Old 04-08-2024, 03:41 PM   #32
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by hatuluang View Post
Sure, the gaps between paragraphs still bother me, I use Calibre to organize and sideload my books, and if you could share a metadata plugboard, that would be very helpful.
These instructions assume you don't have any existing metadata plugboards for Kobo:
  1. Open calibre Preferences and select [Metadata plugboards] (3rd row)
  2. Go to 'Add new plugboard' and work your way left-to-right choosing options from the drop-down menus as per attached screenshot (blue highlights).
    1. The screenshot assumes you're using the KOBOTOUCH calibre driver, but if you're actually using the KoboTouchExtended plugin choose KOBOTOUCHEXTENDED for the column labelled 'Device (choose second)'
    2. For clarity the column labelled 'Source template' contains the following text which you can copy-paste:
      Code:
      program: re(field('comments'), '\n', '')
  3. Once you've finished save by pressing:
    [Save plugboard] (red highlight) followed by [Apply] (green highlight)
  4. I can't remember whether it's necessary to Restart calibre before a new plugboard takes effect, so it's safer if you do.

Once that's done, any new book you transfer via calibre's Send-to-device should have all its excess linefeeds removed during the send.

If you also want to correct the synopsis for all the books which are already on the Kobo then open the calibre config screen for whichever driver you're using, KOBOTOUCH or KOBOTOUCHEXTENDED (to match whatever you chose in step 2.1 above), and make sure that on the 3rd Tab ('Metadata, on device & advanced') the top checkbox (labelled 'Update metadata on the device') is CHECKED.

Once all the above is complete, the next time you USB-connect the Kobo to calibre, all the books calibre knows about will automatically have their excess linefeeds removed from the synopsis on the Book Details page.

If anything isn't clear just ask. Good luck.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	kobo_mplug_comments.png
Views:	52
Size:	133.6 KB
ID:	207431  
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote