View Single Post
Old 04-09-2024, 09:18 PM   #22
Turtle91
A Hairy Wizard
Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 11/X/6/iPad 1,2,Air & Air Pro/Surface Pro/Kindle PW & Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoth View Post
Even simpler is no drop caps and no small caps. They impair reading comprehension and add nothing to the story.
I agree that the simplest form of an ebook is just plain text with no markup whatsoever... But part of the reading experience is having a good presentation! Just try telling a chef that presentation means nothing

I don't care for a book with no style. I am not impaired in any way, shape, or form by having drop-caps and small-caps. I LIKE the way it looks, if it is done correctly. I also like changing the font in certain sections for specific reasons...it most certainly CAN help tell the story.

Do some authors/publishers mis-use styling functions...you betcha!!...but then they screw up basic paragraphs as well... That doesn't mean we need to throw the baby out with that bathwater!
Turtle91 is offline   Reply With Quote