View Single Post
Old 04-12-2024, 09:52 AM   #43
RbnJrg
Wizard
RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4 NT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoth View Post
The Alice book is totally untypical of novels for grown ups or even teenagers.
I posted those screenshots as mere example that with basic code, some layouts can't be reproduced. More than that, even for some basic layouts (for example a page with a line at top, a line at middle and a line at bottom, as I have posted) one can employ css3 code with advantage to produce better, perfect outputs (of course, also one must include fallback code, so the users with modern devices can get the best reading experience and users with older devices will get what epub2 can offer).

By the way, "Alice" under epub3, looks great on phones; no matter if the user changes the font size, the complex layout of the ebook can be reproduced and retained (the screenshoots taken from Kobo for Android are a sample). Another thing is Kindle; there, with the KFX format the Alice layout can't be reproduced; all I wrote is regarding the epub world; with regards the Amazon world, I don't say any word.

Last edited by RbnJrg; 04-12-2024 at 01:44 PM.
RbnJrg is offline   Reply With Quote