View Single Post
Old 04-16-2024, 04:28 AM   #19
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleron Ives View Post
Don't look at the Clara 2, then? When I said "meets your needs", I meant that you can use it without complaints. Most tech products become obsolete a few months after you buy them. If you're bothered by the fact that a technically superior device exists, even when your current device is quite pleasant to use, then you'll be trapped in a perpetual cycle of needless updates that don't really accomplish anything beyond putting you in the "I have the latest device" club for another six months.
That's not the only reason people buy new tech, you know. I'm not bothered by the fact that a newer model exists; I'll buy that newer model if it has a feature I'd like to have or has an improved version of a feature that's important to me. Not just because it's newer or technically superior. Whether my old device is still pleasant to use or not has absolutely no bearing on that decision.

There are folks who never upgrade unless their old device literally stops working. And then there are folks who buy every new version just because it's new. But most people fall somewhere between these two extremes - they buy new tech occasionally, but not just because they have to have the newest tech. Usually there's something about the newer model that matters to them.

Last edited by Sirtel; 04-16-2024 at 04:41 AM.
Sirtel is online now   Reply With Quote