View Single Post
Old 04-29-2024, 06:56 PM   #7
Gone
Out of order
Gone has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Gone has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Gone has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Gone has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Gone has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Gone has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Gone has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Gone has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Gone has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Gone has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Gone has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Libra Colour
Quote:
Originally Posted by shyhermit View Post
Seeking advice for a student starting a pharmacy assistant internship at a hospital.

The hospital is switching over all of its medication references from paper to digital. In consequence, we have been given massive numbers of PDFs to use to look up different medications and other patient care materials that are used to be on paper. Normally, these materials are also available at each nursing station's workstation computers for us to look up. Some of us, however, are choosing to carrying them on our cellphones or tablets.

Because of eye strain issues, I am interested in trying out an e-ink tablet to store these materials as a substitute for my work cellphone. I need to have the tablet small enough to fit into a lab coat pocket, so the new Kobo Clara Colour or BW appears to be a good fit.

I am some newbie questions:

1. I plan to use this device solely as a PDF reader, so I need to sideload large numbers of large PDFs (hundreds in numbers, each over hundreds of pages long at minimum). Will this be an issue for the Kobo?

2. Does the Kobo PDF reader support built-in search and finger-pinch zoom in/out function which I need to scan and read the documents?

3. Does the Kobo PDF reader remember past word search history?

4. Am I correct that I will be able to use the same procedure for other Kobo readers to install KOReader in Kobo Clara Colour or BW? Is KOReader the preferred choice in my usage case?

5. Some documents I have from the hospitals are in .doc and .docx. Is there a plug-in I can install that will allow the Kobo reader to read these document types? Or I need to convert them to .PDF myself first before sideloading them onto the device?

6. For the beta browser in Kobo Clara Colour or BW, can I bookmark websites?

Thank you in advance for helping out a newbie.

Not a good idea to deal with PDF of hundreds of pages on a slow eink device, no matter the size or the company.

You might try this kind of filter on your phone (or a small tablet like the iPad Mini.)

https://shop.eyesafe.com/eyesafe-blu...ctor-for-ipad/
Gone is offline   Reply With Quote