View Single Post
Old 05-02-2024, 10:27 AM   #19
LaughingVulcan
Technophile
LaughingVulcan will become famous soon enoughLaughingVulcan will become famous soon enoughLaughingVulcan will become famous soon enoughLaughingVulcan will become famous soon enoughLaughingVulcan will become famous soon enoughLaughingVulcan will become famous soon enough

Device: Kobo Sage. Ex Sony (PRS-500, -600, -650 and Nook)
Not a Nook series 4 owner. Have a really old Glowlight (battery is finally dying on it and I must deicide if I'm replacing the battery, Kobo Sage is my daily driver now) and preferred buying from Nook over other sources because B&N maintains brick and mortars. I purchase using the Windows app, not often but just did for the first time after a bit and found out about the dropping of the app from the store.

It seems to me that if B&N wanted to kill off the Nook line intentionally they could only be doing a marginally better job of it right now. They didn't need the front-and-center and high-staff-manning of the Nook center in the stores, but then they just got rid of it outright. If loss of the Windows app isn't enough to kill future use of it for me, it's awfully close... And there is no way I'm buying another Nook hardware device.

I remember Sony.
LaughingVulcan is offline   Reply With Quote