View Single Post
Old 05-02-2024, 02:07 PM   #21
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by rantanplan View Post
As far as I could find out, that version is from 2019. Is there anything special about it? Like, why do people want to use a piece of software that is outdated for 5 years?
One reason is they are running an old OS (such as Windows 7) that won't allow a later version of calibre. Some just don't bother to update calibre or their computer. I've given lots of advice to update Windows 7 to Windows 10 64-bit.

Something is not working but because I didn't bother to update Windows 7 to Windows 10. I cannot upgrade calibre. Help!

But in the case of MacOS, they may have too old a computer and the solutions are to install an unsupported MacOS and hope it runs well enough, install Boot Camp (if it's an Intel Mac) and dual boot Windows 10, or buy a new computer.

Last edited by JSWolf; 05-02-2024 at 02:09 PM.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote