View Single Post
Old 05-03-2024, 02:12 PM   #979
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister L View Post
I would like to automatically add books from a specific publisher to a Kobo collection, but only for certain publishers, not all. So I am trying to make a plugboard rule that says "if publisher is X then add book to collection Y" (and if publisher is not X then do nothing). I have made a custom column for the Kobo collections which is called #kobo. I have been looking in the user manual and I think this is possible using advanced formatting, based on the example given for series, but I cannot figure out how to do it...

Any help much appreciated (including confirmation it is not actually possible, so I can stop trying to figure out how. ).
Although it is possible to do this in a plugboard, it is the most difficult approach.

The right approach is to use a custom "column built from other columns" where the template computes the collection name. You don't say whether the collection value is a constant, the name of the publisher, or something else. If it is the name of the publisher then a template like this could work:
Code:
program:
	str_in_list('Baen, Daw, Orbit, Tom Doherty Associates', ',', $publisher, $publisher, '')
EDIT: You could do it without a custom column by using the "Collections Template" option in the Kobo driver. Depending on your "rules" the template above could work.

Last edited by chaley; 05-03-2024 at 02:17 PM.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote