Thread: New Exports
View Single Post
Old 05-04-2024, 06:52 AM   #5
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
The way that I read the What's New is that the newer versions of calibre will export the library in at most 1GB chunks even if that required splitting a file larger than 1GB. It goes on to say that exports from newer versions will not be importable by older versions. So if you are using the Export/Import functionality, you will not be able to export a library on 7.10 and import it on 3.48. If you are using 7.10 and exporting your library, you will be able to import it on calibre 7.10 or newer. If you are using calibre 6.29 and export your library, you will be able to import it on calibre 7.x.

This has nothing to do with creating a catalogue of your library books from the Convert Books menu.
It did always limit to 1G till the FTS was added. That exported in one file which was fine if destination was NTFS, ext2, ext4, exFAT, HPFS etc, but not FAT32 (as it is 4G per file max). My FTS file was 20 GB.

So that's why Kovid quickly made the change. A few things don't work with exFAT, or my 128G USB stick wouldn't have been FAT32!
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote