View Single Post
Old 05-07-2024, 04:46 PM   #5
slantybard
my parent's oops...
slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Vx->Handera->Clie-> Axim->505->650->KPW/Aura ->L2->iOS/CBW
Quote:
Originally Posted by breaktwister View Post
Can I ask how you are connecting Clara BW to Calibre? I am new to ereaders and considering the Clara BW, it is important to me to be able to use my Calibre library easily.
I plug my BW into my Mac running Calibre software using a USB C cable. If your Mac is a M1/2/3.... model, there may be some issues with the reader being ejected randomly. This is solved by using a USB hub that has a USB 2.0 connector for the kobo cable to be plugged into (For some reason, the USB 3 ports on the Mac don't always work well with a kobo reader).

The kobo should show up in Calibre and you can use one of 2 plugins to send books to your kobo - the kobotouch plugin (will send epubs of your books to the kobo) or the kobotouch extended plugin (will send kepubs conversions of your books to the kobo. The KoboUtilities plug in can be used to update metadata, fix the database, alter the covers on your kobo books and other optimizations.

It's pretty easy to use calibre with Kobo devices.
slantybard is offline   Reply With Quote