View Single Post
Old 07-28-2017, 02:27 AM   #6
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
I'd rather have the utility remove HTML TOCs which do popups when reading a kepub -- it's hard to tell a touching a chapter item in the HTML TOC from touching a footnote. Or are you referring to creating an EPUB3 navigation document including all files?

I would prefer not to have 5 or so TOC entries referring to the cover image, books by, acknowledgments, copyright, etc. prior to the prologue/first chapter/whatever.
From the very few rules we have for kepubs, every file is supposed to have a ToC entry. In some purchased books, I've seen things like "unnamed chapter" or the first line of text as the title. I think Kobo's publishing routines are adding these as needed. If there are missing entries, you can get some strange things happening with the chapters and page counts. (I might have to check that as it has been a while).
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote