View Single Post
Old 07-22-2020, 12:10 PM   #18
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by geek1011 View Post
Can I see an example of the OPF meta tag for that? Based on skimming the Calibre source code, I think I'll need to parse calibre:user_metadata:#subtitle as JSON, then get the string #value#, but I want to confirm that.

I'll implement that and EPUB3 subtitle metadata afterwards.

@davidfor, do you know if there is a reason why Calibre doesn't seem to support standard EPUB3 metadata at all (even if it's in addition to it's own format)?
I don't know if this will help or hinder, but anyway ...
  • #value# may not always be a string. Looking at my own calibre custom columns I have examples of all of these - null, string, integer, boolean, list. This may not be exhaustive. Contents of #value# is going to depend on what type of custom column has been defined.
  • There is no guarantee that the custom column(s) being used to derive Kobo subtitle is #subtitle (e.g. mine is #awards). But perhaps your're saying that, for simplicity, you only intend to support this simple scenario.

Which standard EPUB3 metadata is calibre not supporting?
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote