View Single Post
Old 07-22-2020, 12:42 PM   #20
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by geek1011 View Post
  • All EPUB3 metadata around meta[property][refines="#..."]. Series metadata isn't supported at all (it only supports calibre:series), you can't refine the role on a dc:author (it only supports EPUB2 opf:role), etc.
  • I don't think it supports EPUB3 nav documents.
  • I'm not 100% certian about this one, but I don't think it supports [properties="cover-image"] on manifest items.
Calibre handles Series & Series_index like this in EPUB3:
Code:
    <meta property="belongs-to-collection" id="id-3">Harry Bosch</meta>
    <meta refines="#id-3" property="collection-type">series</meta>
    <meta refines="#id-3" property="group-position">1</meta>
I suspect "#id-3" isn't necessarily the id that will always be used.

The equivalent for calibre EPUB2 is:
Code:
    <meta content="Harry Bosch" name="calibre:series"/>
    <meta content="1.0" name="calibre:series_index"/>
The NAV file and cover image file in my EPUB3 books looks like this:
Code:
<manifest>
    <item href="nav.xhtml" id="nav" media-type="application/xhtml+xml" properties="nav"/>
    <item href="images/cover.jpeg" id="cover" media-type="image/jpeg" properties="cover-image"/>
</manifest>
I suspect filenames nav.xhtml and cover.jpeg are calibre defaults rather than must-haves.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote