View Single Post
Old 04-26-2024, 04:08 PM   #9
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragneel View Post
Thank you very much but i think there have a small misunderstand here since i fear that when i increase storage, fat32 can have some issues about limitation like i can not save book more than 14gb, for example. Do you have any ideas?
My Clara HD currently has a 128GB µSD card. I have ~16K books on it which is enough to cause issues trying to keep the database in RAM. The maximum size for a single book is 4GB and I have never seen a single ePub that came close to that size.

As for using subdirectories, that is due to the limit on the number of directory entries in the root directory of a FAT32 volume. You have a hard limit of 65,536 directory entries when using 8.3 short file names. Longer filenames will chew up directory entries like they were free consuming 1 directory entry for every 13 characters in the long filename (if the number of characters is not a multiple of 13, the last entry gets the padded remainder plus a directory entry for the short filename. If you have a short filename with a lowercase letter, it will require a long filename entry.

So an ePub file named 'The Sacred Lands [03] - The Mountains at the End of the Worlds - James Tensilion and Margaret Cordwainer' is going to chew up 10 directory entries.

One other possibility is that your replacement µSD card is a counterfeit which falsely reports it's size. One friend of mine purchased a pack of 5 64GB µSD cards that were physically 8GB. Do a quick search for 'counterfeit SD card' for more information.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote