View Single Post
Old 10-02-2020, 05:35 AM   #7
Araucaria
Bibliophile
Araucaria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Araucaria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Araucaria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Araucaria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Araucaria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Araucaria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Araucaria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Araucaria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Araucaria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Araucaria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Araucaria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kobo Libra H20, Kindle PW2, Moon Pro on Lenovo tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by geek1011 View Post
Based on what you said, you probably want to use KoboTouchExtended.

But, what do you mean when you say you want to "get the Libra to show the series number"? It should show up automatically after you plug it in a second time (if you don't want to have to do that, my NickelSeries mod can make it happen during the initial import).
Thanks Geek1011, you made me look again, and I see the series numbers are there. My excuse for not noticing them (leaving aside the obvious one of mere stupidity) is that as Kindle will only do collections for books you've bought from Amazon - in my case about 1% of the books I have - I got into the habit of inserting series numbers into the book title. These show up big and black on the Kobo, while the automatically generated ones are small and grey.

You must despair of users like me sometimes....

But now I am really impressed with the way Calibre handles this on Kobo.

And for at least one feature (dispensing with the need to eject, unplug, replug) I will try installing your NickelMenu: you have a lot of very good reviews.

Can I just ask one question before I do, that might save me from going through all 21 pages of the NickelMenu thread?

Does it only affect the way my copy of Calibre behaves to this (and other) kobos? I am giving the Kobo to a friend: he's in the UK and I'm normally in France and I wonder whether the NickelMenu will "show" on his Kobo once I'm no longer connecting it to my laptop. I'd prefer what he has to be a more or less standard Kobo.

Thanks very much.
Araucaria is offline   Reply With Quote