View Single Post
Old 09-12-2017, 10:40 AM   #8
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Epubcheck does not support 3.1. And to my knowledge, Kindlegen does not support 3.1 as input, nor does iBooks export 3.1 (could be wrong, though). As to reader-support ... who knows? You can't buy 3.1 epubs to test with. Way too early to worry about supporting 3.1 metadata editing/saving it in my opinion. 3.0.1 was never fully embraced by anyone of any consequence, so I highly doubt the changes in 3.1 are going to bring anyone flocking to it any time soon.

I'm no proponent of zealous spec-compliance that comes at the expense of breaking mainstream relevance. The IDPF declaring which version of EPUB is "standard" has had very little effect on the reality of ebook publishing/editing in the past. How long has 3/3.0.1 been the official recommended "standard" being mostly ignored after all?

Like I said ... maybe an output/input plugin for those who want to experiment with bleeding edge metadata specs?

Last edited by DiapDealer; 09-12-2017 at 10:45 AM.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote