View Single Post
Old 11-23-2018, 02:39 AM   #58
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by konstantinus View Post
I have now solved my problem by removing all non-breaking spaces from the .epub. But this is wrong, they should be in these places. Is it possible to make kepubify not replace these characters with & # 160; ? For example, an additional option? Although I still do not know how kobo will react to these characters in .kepub. In .epub everything is correct.
One problem is that the & #160; IS a non-breaking space. In an epub2, it is treated exactly the same as a &nbsp ;. With an epub3, named character entities — such as &nbsp ; for non-breaking spaces and &mdash ; for em dashes — are no longer supported though you can use them after defining them. This means using &nbsp ; should be avoided though the numeric entities for a non-breaking space either &#x000A0 ; or & #160; are allowed. The only exceptions are the quotation mark ", apostrophe ', ampersand &, less-than < and greater-than > since they must be escaped in the content and metadata though some sites seem to indicate that even for these, using the numeric entities is preferred.

Since a kepub is rendered on a Kobo ereader using an epub3 compliant (more or less) renderer, using named character entities should be avoided.

Last edited by DNSB; 11-23-2018 at 02:45 AM.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote