View Single Post
Old 04-26-2024, 12:12 PM   #5
rumplestiltskin
Connoisseur
rumplestiltskin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rumplestiltskin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rumplestiltskin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rumplestiltskin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rumplestiltskin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rumplestiltskin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rumplestiltskin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rumplestiltskin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rumplestiltskin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rumplestiltskin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rumplestiltskin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: FireHD8, iPad
Desired features:
- Read .ogg containers with mp3 or m4b contents.
- Keep track of where I left off listening (like any ePub reader would when reading).
- Permit chapter selection (again, like any ePub reader would when reading).

As I mentioned, above, Sirin on my Android-enabled Kindle Fire seems to do all of the above. I don't want to install an Android emulator on my PC. VLC does chapter selection in Windows but doesn't remember where I left off.

Everything I've tried so far either doesn't do chapter selection (although a few do support a "prev/next" set of buttons that work).

Some apps don't support .ogg containers but will work if I keep all the chapters separate as discreet mp3s. Management of thousands of mp3 chapters isn't practical.

If ePub manages to support multiple chapters in its container, I'd like that same convenience with my audiobooks.

HOWEVER: If I need to abandon .ogg for some other container (still one container with multiple mp3/m4b chapters therein), tell me what container format and I'll try it.

Thank you for your assistance.
rumplestiltskin is offline   Reply With Quote