View Single Post
Old 04-26-2024, 03:02 PM   #6
rumplestiltskin
Connoisseur
rumplestiltskin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rumplestiltskin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rumplestiltskin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rumplestiltskin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rumplestiltskin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rumplestiltskin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rumplestiltskin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rumplestiltskin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rumplestiltskin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rumplestiltskin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rumplestiltskin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: FireHD8, iPad
Okay; I've tried a few things:

Zip'd all the mp3's without any compression.

- VLC was able to open and play the file and even display the various chapters in its playlist. I was able to switch to any chapter directly without having to repeatedly click the "prev" or "next" buttons. I'll have to check whether Sirin can handle such a file; if so, then zip'ing all the chapters together is a solution.

- Tried an old app called "MP3 to iPod Audiobook Converter". It combined all the mp3 files into an m4b.
Unfortunately, that file doesn't expose its chapters when playing in VLC; click the "next" button and you're at the end of the book. Even tried iTunes on my PC but, even there, no chapter love - same behavior as VLC.

I'll report back on Sirin's behavior with the zip'd mp3's.
rumplestiltskin is offline   Reply With Quote