View Single Post
Old 04-15-2016, 04:23 AM   #9
GeoffR
Wizard
GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitch View Post
Yeah, I guess I can understand that, but why would you want to control yourself? You're going to know how to change or not change the fonts, right? Why do you want to prevent yourself from changing them?
I think the idea is for the font used for main body text to be changable, but for other special-purpose fonts to remain fixed.

Here is an example: the publisher has embedded a handwriting font. When I select "Publisher Default" Georgia is used for the main body text, and the handwriting font used for journal entries:

Publisher Default

But when I select "Amasis" on the device there are two things that can happen, depending on how the publisher has structured the ePub:

Only the main body text changes to Amasis (Good, IMO)

Both body and journal text change to Amasis (Bad, IMO)

(Edit: There is a third possibility, the worst one, which is that neither font changes.)

Last edited by GeoffR; 04-15-2016 at 04:32 AM. Reason: ... a third possibility ...
GeoffR is offline   Reply With Quote