View Single Post
Old 04-21-2016, 12:55 AM   #15
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by SJC-Caron View Post
When I tried to convert a docx document to epub & kepub today in Calibre some weird things happened (when viewed via the Caliber ebook viewer):

1) Sub-headings that I wanted to be within a chapter had a page-break applied to them despite this not being the case in Word.

2) Some fonts appear in their italic form where in Word the font was in its regular mode.

3) With some fonts the space before an bolded or italicised word disappeared so I had two words stuck together.

4) With some fonts bolded and italicised words appear in their regular form.

I have looked at the outputted epub files in the Calibre epub editor, and was able to figure-out how to fix issue 1, but am at a loss for the other issues at this point. I tried applying the bold tags to words what should of been bolded but weren't, but those tags didn't take. And I did not see anything that would allow me to correct the wrongly italicised fonts.

Any advice that can be provided will be appreciated.
I suggest you repost this in the Calibre Conversion subforum, after reading the relevant section of the manual if you've not already done so == >> Convert Microsoft Word documents and studying the Demo.docx file you'll find there

Oh, read the sticky at Calibre|Conversion about how to ask questions about solving conversion problems before you post.

Added - thanks for the Karma - but same deal, if you have problems with ePUB-Tools raise them in its thread in Workshop, no point in telling me about them in a Karma message

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 04-21-2016 at 02:18 AM.
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote