View Single Post
Old 04-22-2024, 03:55 PM   #13
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by ygreq View Post
So yeah. I need a NAS. External HDDs does not cut it.
How small are the external HDDs you are using? Currently, my main laptop has a 1TB NVMe SSD as the main drive and a 2TB SATA SSD as the secondary drive. The 2TB drive was on sale about 18 months back and I added it to allow moving some data off the main SSD. Currently, I have ~16K epubs in my library and they consume 42GB of space. One of my acquaintances who uses a laptop with a 'massive' 256MB internal NVMe SSD is using a external 2TB USB-C connected drive (formatted NTFS) to store his calibre library which is ~34K epubs and last time I looked, it was taking less that 100GB on that external drive.

I do have a NAS which I use for backup and other purposes but I do not place a live calibre library that I am accessing from outside on it. I did try running a containerized calibre on it to use the content server but dropped that after finding it of little use to me.

Last edited by DNSB; 04-22-2024 at 04:07 PM.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote