View Single Post
Old 04-27-2024, 08:30 AM   #12
bigwigs
Enthusiast
bigwigs will become famous soon enoughbigwigs will become famous soon enoughbigwigs will become famous soon enoughbigwigs will become famous soon enoughbigwigs will become famous soon enoughbigwigs will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by cartz View Post
As someone who uses e-ink devices for the majority of my internet use having devices that I can trust with private tasks such as online banking is important to me. On my Hisense A9 with Lineage I can now do this with a degree of confidence that I could never trust to my Boox or non-Lineage Hisense devices with.

So it's not added functionality that LineageOS provides, it's added confidence. Yes you would lose handwriting ability and if that is important to you then it wouldn't make sense to install Lineage. In my case I use a Boox Max Lumi connected to a keyboard and it would be a dream to have LineageOS on it.
If you are concerned about ur privacy you can use vpn and private dns. As far as using banking apps on Hisense a9 with lineageos you are still using it via hideprops and other workarounds.which can be done with stock rom also.

I have multiple boox devices and have checked its internet activities using private dns, it doesn’t acccess any other sites like Hisense a9 which had 3rd party code baked in their phone os.

So, for Hisense a9 it makes sense to have lineageos to remove those 3rd party crap but boox isn’t like it.

Also, with lineageos on a9 still not eink experience like stock rom.
bigwigs is offline   Reply With Quote