View Single Post
Old 03-15-2024, 04:23 PM   #129
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Aura Edition 2 v1, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
This is what I see when embedding a subtitle in an ePub using calibre (the subtitle is "Daring Adventures on Elephant Island":

Code:
<meta name="calibre:user_metadata:#subtitle" content="{&quot;table&quot;: &quot;custom_column_9&quot;, &quot;column&quot;: &quot;value&quot;, &quot;datatype&quot;: &quot;text&quot;, &quot;is_multiple&quot;: null, &quot;kind&quot;: &quot;field&quot;, &quot;name&quot;: &quot;Subtitle&quot;, &quot;search_terms&quot;: [&quot;#subtitle&quot;], &quot;label&quot;: &quot;subtitle&quot;, &quot;colnum&quot;: 9, &quot;display&quot;: {&quot;description&quot;: &quot;&quot;, &quot;use_decorations&quot;: 0}, &quot;is_custom&quot;: true, &quot;is_category&quot;: true, &quot;link_column&quot;: &quot;value&quot;, &quot;category_sort&quot;: &quot;value&quot;, &quot;is_csp&quot;: false, &quot;is_editable&quot;: true, &quot;rec_index&quot;: 31, &quot;#value#&quot;: &quot;Daring Adventures on Elephant Island&quot;, &quot;#extra#&quot;: null, &quot;is_multiple2&quot;: {}}" />
Yes, that's what I expected, and it's what NickelSeries supports.

Quote:
Originally Posted by npr View Post
Checking the file "metadata.opf" in calibre, most of my books don't have a entry for <meta name="calibre:user_metadata:#subtitle ...
Only the most recent book I loaded in calibre and one I've just deleted and reloaded as a test has that entry.
I've tried reloading both books which has that entry but still no subtitle on first connection.

Code:
<meta name="calibre:user_metadata:#subtitle" content="{&quot;table&quot;: &quot;custom_column_18&quot;, &quot;column&quot;: &quot;value&quot;, &quot;datatype&quot;: &quot;composite&quot;, &quot;is_multiple&quot;: &quot;,&quot;, &quot;kind&quot;: &quot;field&quot;, &quot;name&quot;: &quot;Subtitle&quot;, &quot;search_terms&quot;: [&quot;#subtitle&quot;], &quot;label&quot;: &quot;subtitle&quot;, &quot;colnum&quot;: 18, &quot;display&quot;: {&quot;composite_template&quot;: &quot;{#reading_hours} hours&quot;, &quot;composite_sort&quot;: &quot;text&quot;, &quot;make_category&quot;: false, &quot;contains_html&quot;: false, &quot;composite_show_in_comments&quot;: false, &quot;description&quot;: &quot;&quot;}, &quot;is_custom&quot;: true, &quot;is_category&quot;: false, &quot;link_column&quot;: &quot;value&quot;, &quot;category_sort&quot;: &quot;value&quot;, &quot;is_csp&quot;: false, &quot;is_editable&quot;: true, &quot;rec_index&quot;: 25, &quot;#value#&quot;: &quot;7.00 hours&quot;, &quot;#extra#&quot;: null, &quot;is_multiple2&quot;: {&quot;cache_to_list&quot;: &quot;,&quot;, &quot;ui_to_list&quot;: &quot;,&quot;, &quot;list_to_ui&quot;: &quot;, &quot;}}"/>
@Phil_C, thanks agin that's the same as I've been using.
That should work...

https://github.com/pgaskin/kobo-mods...a.cc#L150-L162

https://github.com/pgaskin/kobo-mods...s.cc#L112-L126

If you want to confirm that NickelSeries sees it, look at the syslog (with logread).

Unless Kobo is overriding the subtitle afterwards, which it didn't IIRC.
geek1011 is offline   Reply With Quote