View Single Post
Old 04-28-2024, 05:49 AM   #9
ryuji35
Zealot
ryuji35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ryuji35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ryuji35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ryuji35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ryuji35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ryuji35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ryuji35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ryuji35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ryuji35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ryuji35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ryuji35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Glowlight 4 Pearl Pink, Samsung Tab S6 Lite
1. Is there anyone who still purchases books from BN only? Is there a special reason or is it just because that's the only e-reader you have and don't care about owning the eBook files?

- I purchase and sideload books. No problems so far.

2. If you recently purchased a GL4 for the 32GB of space, did you know when you purchased it that BN would prevent you from using it all, and that you would only be able to access 5GB of space for your own, non-BN eBooks/PDFs?

- Yes, I knew this but if you use and install Calibre Companion to it, you can circumvent the limitations. I currently have many books in my Nook due to this.

3. If you knew that would discontinue the Read in Store for 1 hour free program in April 2024, would you have purchased a Nook GL4/4e/4+ anyway or gone for Kobo, Kindle, PocketBook or another brand?

- I live outside the US so I don't mind this.

4. Did you purchase NOOK ereaders because you liked the ergonomics and former ease of using them as Android e-ink readers (Dev Settings is pw locked as of April 2024)? Or were there other reasons you purchased a NOOK?

- I purchased it due to the buttons, ergo design, and I was enticed by the Pearl Pink color. I will be pissed if they locked the Dev settings prior to me installing the Calibre Companion so yes, I will no longer purchase future Nooks due to this but since I still have Calibre Companion in my device, I am all good for now.

5. Are you excited about an eBook subscription plan from BN?

-Depends on how much.
ryuji35 is offline   Reply With Quote