Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 06-04-2024, 04:54 PM   #1351
Falafelteller
Enthusiast
Falafelteller began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Tolino Vision Color
I have tried Nickelmenu on my Kobo Libre Colour, I enabled telnet but I can not log in.
I tried with username root and empty password but it won't log me in. Any advice? whats the password?
Falafelteller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2024, 05:42 PM   #1352
Didier
Didier began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra
Try admin admin
Didier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2024, 06:30 PM   #1353
Didier
Didier began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra
Hi all, I have adapted the battery script to Libra Colour :
- found correct path
- commented out empty lines (they generate error messages on Libra Colour, weird ?)

The result is attached.

Here is the script :

Quote:
# Battery Statistics Calculator 1.1 (2024-05-25) by Aleron Ives
#
# This script calculates battery statistics for the Kobo Libra 2.
# (adapted for Libra Colour : see v_pct")
# (adapted for Libra Colour : "bd71827_bat" instead of "battery" in path)
# Check the contents of /sys/class/power_supply/ if you use a different
# model to ensure that the statistics you want to track are available.
#
# You can use NickelMenu to invoke this script like so:
# menu_item :main :Battery :cmd_output :500 :/mnt/onboard/.adds/battcalc.sh
#
# Gather the necessary statistics
#
meter=$(cat /sys/class/power_supply/bd71827_bat/capacity)
v_now=$(cat /sys/class/power_supply/bd71827_bat/voltage_now)
v_min=$(cat /sys/class/power_supply/bd71827_bat/voltage_min)
v_max=$(cat /sys/class/power_supply/bd71827_bat/voltage_max)
c_now=$(cat /sys/class/power_supply/bd71827_bat/charge_now)
c_full=$(cat /sys/class/power_supply/bd71827_bat/charge_full)
c_dfull=$(cat /sys/class/power_supply/bd71827_bat/charge_full_design)
#
# Format the statistics
#
#let v_pct=$v_max-$v_now; let v_pct/=7000 # Calculate charge percentage from V - Libra 2
let v_pct=$v_max-$v_now; let v_pct/=9000 # Calculate charge percentage from V - Libra Colour
let v_pct=100-$v_pct # "
let v_now/=1000; let v_min/=10000; let v_max/=10000 # Convert to V
let c_now/=1000; let c_full/=1000; let c_dfull/=1000 # Convert to mAh
let v_nowr=$v_now%1000; let v_now/=1000 # Simulate floating-point arithmetic
let v_minr=$v_min%100; let v_min/=100 # "
let v_maxr=$v_max%100; let v_max/=100 # "
let charge=$c_now*100/$c_full # Calculate charge percentage from mAh
let c_health=$c_full*100/$c_dfull # Calculate health percentage from mAh
#
# Display the results
#
echo Capacity: $c_now mAh / $charge% / $meter%
echo Voltage: $v_min.$v_minr V / $v_now.$v_nowr V / $v_max.$v_maxr V / $v_pct%
echo Health: $c_full mAh / $c_dfull mAh / $c_health%
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture d'écran 2024-06-05 001114.png
Views:	61
Size:	60.3 KB
ID:	208705  
Didier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2024, 12:12 AM   #1354
Falafelteller
Enthusiast
Falafelteller began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Tolino Vision Color
Quote:
Originally Posted by Didier View Post
Try admin admin
Thanks, that worked.
Falafelteller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2024, 07:10 AM   #1355
beedaddy
Groupie
beedaddy knows that there *is* no spoonbeedaddy knows that there *is* no spoonbeedaddy knows that there *is* no spoonbeedaddy knows that there *is* no spoonbeedaddy knows that there *is* no spoonbeedaddy knows that there *is* no spoonbeedaddy knows that there *is* no spoonbeedaddy knows that there *is* no spoonbeedaddy knows that there *is* no spoonbeedaddy knows that there *is* no spoonbeedaddy knows that there *is* no spoon

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Tolino Shine 5th Gen
Has anyone already tried NickelMenu on the tolino shine 5? Since the firmware v5 no longer recognizes KoboRoot.tgz, is renaming enough? Or should one keep one's hands off it at the moment?
beedaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2024, 08:39 AM   #1356
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Aura Edition 2 v1, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by beedaddy View Post
Has anyone already tried NickelMenu on the tolino shine 5? Since the firmware v5 no longer recognizes KoboRoot.tgz, is renaming enough? Or should one keep one's hands off it at the moment?
It needs a different build for qt6... it won't even load if you try it.
geek1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2024, 09:29 AM   #1357
beedaddy
Groupie
beedaddy knows that there *is* no spoonbeedaddy knows that there *is* no spoonbeedaddy knows that there *is* no spoonbeedaddy knows that there *is* no spoonbeedaddy knows that there *is* no spoonbeedaddy knows that there *is* no spoonbeedaddy knows that there *is* no spoonbeedaddy knows that there *is* no spoonbeedaddy knows that there *is* no spoonbeedaddy knows that there *is* no spoonbeedaddy knows that there *is* no spoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by geek1011 View Post
Right, QT6... I was (also) afraid of that. Thanks for clarifying this.
Old 06-05-2024, 03:41 PM   #1358
mullse01
mullse01 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW 3, Kobo Clara BW
Quote:
Originally Posted by hatuluang View Post
Yes, you are right the light level doesn't change between two stages, unfortunately.
I know I'm late to the party, but i found a solution to solve this issue: I've added a chain_always command after the dark mode toggle that runs a shell script:
Quote:
menu_item : reader : Toggle Dark Mode : nickel_setting : toggle : dark_mode
chain_always : cmd_spawn : quiet : exec /mnt/onboard/.adds/misc/DarkModeHelper.sh
And here's the script:

Quote:
#!/bin/sh

KOBO_CONF="/mnt/onboard/.kobo/Kobo/Kobo eReader.conf"

if grep '^DarkMode=true' "$KOBO_CONF"; then
ioctl /dev/ntx_io 241 -v 1
sed 's/^FrontLightLevel=.*/FrontLightLevel=1/g' <"$KOBO_CONF" >"$KOBO_CONF".tmp && mv "$KOBO_CONF".tmp "$KOBO_CONF"

elif grep '^DarkMode=false' "$KOBO_CONF"; then
ioctl /dev/ntx_io 241 -v 5
sed 's/^FrontLightLevel=.*/FrontLightLevel=5/g' <"$KOBO_CONF" >"$KOBO_CONF".tmp && mv "$KOBO_CONF".tmp "$KOBO_CONF"

fi
This way, every time you toggle Dark Mode, there is a check to determine whether dark mode has been turned on or off ; it then changes the level accordingly in ioctl AND in "Kobo eReader.conf", so that the level changes persist across reboots.
mullse01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2024, 05:56 PM   #1359
InnovationHack
InnovationHack began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Poke3
Has the weird header flashing thing been addressed? It only happens when I am running NickleMenu and then use some other feature like pulling up a definition — when that happens, I get flashing in the clock or page number area when changing. It goes away when I move back to the library and reopen the book.
InnovationHack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2024, 07:34 PM   #1360
hatuluang
Connoisseur
hatuluang ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hatuluang ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hatuluang ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hatuluang ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hatuluang ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hatuluang ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hatuluang ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hatuluang ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hatuluang ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hatuluang ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hatuluang ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara 2E
Quote:
Originally Posted by InnovationHack View Post
Has the weird header flashing thing been addressed? It only happens when I am running NickleMenu and then use some other feature like pulling up a definition — when that happens, I get flashing in the clock or page number area when changing. It goes away when I move back to the library and reopen the book.
Maybe you can see this thread, the update of Nickelclock to new Kobo devices:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...&postcount=175
hatuluang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2024, 08:50 PM   #1361
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Just curious as to whether anyone has modified the battcalc.sh script for other Kobo ereaders? As far as I can tell, the Clara HD and Sage only supply two of the values so not that informative.

Last edited by DNSB; 06-09-2024 at 08:53 PM.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2024, 11:52 PM   #1362
Aleron Ives
Wizard
Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Yes, when I originally released it, I was told that sysfs doesn't report all the statistics on every model, so the script isn't compatible with every Kobo.
Aleron Ives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 03:27 AM   #1363
beedaddy
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by geek1011 View Post
I took a quick look at it... That would also mean extensive adjustments to NickelTC, right?
Old Today, 04:15 AM   #1364
sherman
Guru
sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by beedaddy View Post
I took a quick look at it... That would also mean extensive adjustments to NickelTC, right?

Yes, as Kobo gave their rootfs a massive overhaul and update for FW v5. It appears to be based on Yocto FWIW. The trick will be to try and have NickelTC sysroot match the new FW as close as possible.
sherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 05:05 AM   #1365
Cootey
Absentminded Reader
Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Clara HD, Elipsa; Kindle Paperwhite 3 & 4; iOS eReader apps
Ever take too many screenshots and want a way to batch delete them? I run into this problem often, so I decided to call a script from NM instead of manually deleting the screenshots one by one on my Kobo or using FTP/Telnet to delete the files remotely.

Code:
menu_item:main:Kill Screenshots:cmd_spawn:/mnt/onboard/.adds/scripts/cleanup.sh chain_always:nickel_misc:rescan_books_full
My script has the following line:
Code:
rm /mnt/onboard/screen_*.png
Fairly simple, but I'm immensely pleased with it since it’ll save me time. Are there any Kobo specific problems I should look out for when calling scripts through NM?

And on an unrelated note, is there a way to create a submenu in NM?

Last edited by Cootey; Today at 07:19 AM. Reason: Deleted extraneous part
Cootey is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kobo, launcher, ldpreload, nickel