Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 05-30-2024, 03:34 AM   #1
bengtt
bengtt began at the beginning.

Device: none
Question Which device handles serie tag produced by Calibre?

Hi

Have been using a Kindle for the past 10ish years or so, currently using latest paperwhite.
But, the kindle do not display serie, or filter on serie, or group on serie, unless downloaded directly from amazon.

So, I am looking for a new device, that will be able to do the below

I want all information to be controlled by Calibre tags, and not by file name.

I would like my device to be able to show
* List of Titels (click on a title and see book)
* List of Authors
click on Author, see Series and/or Titles
click on Serie, see the titles in this serie
click on title see book
* List of Series
click on Serie, see list of titles
click on title see book

And of course, the normal read/unread, sort by date, alfabetical, etc

I do believe Kobo Libra Color can handle this to at least some degree (I belive Serie is visible, and controlled by Calibre Tag)

Is there any device out there that handle this?
In particular, any chinese brands? (currently have an option to purchase something directly in china)

Cheers
bengtt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2024, 05:29 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Kobo uses the Series COLUMN to view list by Series Members
That leaves Collections to be used by what the User configures (in Calibre).

Kobo Touch Extended edition,
(Kobo Utilities can be handy )
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-30-2024, 06:30 AM   #3
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Any eink Kobo will display those things. The series information is taken from a series column in Calibre, not a tag. You can use tags for creating collections on your Kobo.

Last edited by Sirtel; 05-30-2024 at 06:33 AM.
Sirtel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2024, 08:46 PM   #4
bengtt
bengtt began at the beginning.

Device: none
Thanks Guys

For me, The serie column and the tags are all part of the books meta data, so I was a bit unclear and hasty when I formulated my question I believe.

Yes, I want the Serie/Serie number (as well as Author and Title) columns to be used by the device.

Extra would be the tags, but not needed.
bengtt is offline   Reply With Quote