Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 12-17-2014, 12:50 PM   #1
Markismus
Guru
Markismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicing

Device: Cracked HiSenseA5ProCC, Cracked OnyxNotePro, Note5, Kobo Glo, Aura
Nickel reboots within seconds

I have installed KSM6, koreader and Vlavosoft next to Nickel. Everything worked great.

However, if I enter Nickel now the homescreen is shown, a blank screen is shown and I am back in KSM.

Could this be a corrupted database? An unfinished update? Any ideas on how to fix it?

Thanks!
Markismus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2014, 02:40 PM   #2
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
I guess, the device reboots before you are back in KSM. If there is a KoboRoot.tgz in .kobo, this is exactly what happens.
If your case is different you can try starting nickel via telnet and see whether the messages can help you.

Code:
sh /mnt/onboard/.kobo/kbmenu/onstart/startreader.sh
Loading of lowmem.ko will of course fail, until you define and export PLATFORM. But this should not be a problem.

Last edited by tshering; 12-17-2014 at 03:02 PM.
tshering is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-21-2014, 08:07 AM   #3
Markismus
Guru
Markismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicing

Thanks!
Just pressing 'handle update' restored Nickel. However, it did disable KSM. Apparently, a new firmware (3.12) was downloaded. Next time I'll delete it!
Old 12-21-2014, 08:34 AM   #4
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markismus View Post
Thanks!
Just pressing 'handle update' restored Nickel. However, it did disable KSM. Apparently, a new firmware (3.12) was downloaded. Next time I'll delete it!
You might consider reading this post and installing the bug fix.
Old 12-21-2014, 08:37 AM   #5
Markismus
Guru

I just did. Works. Thanks again.
Advert
Old 12-22-2014, 06:13 PM   #6
ebrahimpak
Zealot
ebrahimpak began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD / Kobo Aura ONE
I cannot access Nickel from Startmenu. I followed all the instructions in this page (and the links to this page), but to no avail. I am stuck in KSM.
ebrahimpak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2014, 06:37 PM   #7
tshering
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebrahimpak View Post
I cannot access Nickel from Startmenu. I followed all the instructions in this page (and the links to this page), but to no avail. I am stuck in KSM.
Maybe I would be best to factory reset the device, update to the most recent firmware version, and then install kobo start menu (version 06) anew.
Old 12-23-2014, 04:13 AM   #8
ebrahimpak
Zealot
ebrahimpak began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD / Kobo Aura ONE
Quote:
Originally Posted by tshering View Post
Maybe I would be best to factory reset the device, update to the most recent firmware version, and then install kobo start menu (version 06) anew.
I did everything. Anyway I moved my things to Koreader. No Nickel until further notice!
ebrahimpak is offline   Reply With Quote