Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 05-30-2024, 11:49 AM   #1
shyhermit
Connoisseur
shyhermit could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.shyhermit could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.shyhermit could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.shyhermit could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.shyhermit could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.shyhermit could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.shyhermit could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.shyhermit could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.shyhermit could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.shyhermit could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.shyhermit could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: none
Vinyl Skins for Covering Body of Kobo? Experience?

Anyone with experience with pre-cut skins covering both the front and back of a Kobo device for either decorative or protective (from scratch) purpose? I am referring to body coverage, not screen protector.

I found at least one company making skins for Kobo Libra that uses vinyl based materials.

Any recommendations? Your experience?
shyhermit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2024, 04:40 PM   #2
Pjama
Guru
Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Scribe and Libra Colour
I have used DeCal Girl skins for my Kindle Oasis before. They are good quality, and come in lots of different designs - you can also supply your own image and they will make a skin using that. Easy to apply, and easy to remove also. I removed mine after some months because I wanted to go back to my original color.

Only thing to watch is they will cover the front and back but the side will be exposed.

I don’t know which Kobo you have, but here is their page for the Kobo Libra Colour: https://www.decalgirl.com/collection...a-colour-skins
Pjama is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-30-2024, 05:13 PM   #3
shyhermit
Connoisseur
shyhermit could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.shyhermit could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.shyhermit could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.shyhermit could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.shyhermit could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.shyhermit could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.shyhermit could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.shyhermit could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.shyhermit could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.shyhermit could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.shyhermit could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

I am looking for the Libra Colour.

That is important to know that the sides are not covered and by extension the sharp edges of the device (where the front or back meets the sides) are not protected as well). Do you know of other skins that cover the entire device including the sides?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pjama View Post
I have used DeCal Girl skins for my Kindle Oasis before. They are good quality, and come in lots of different designs - you can also supply your own image and they will make a skin using that. Easy to apply, and easy to remove also. I removed mine after some months because I wanted to go back to my original color.

Only thing to watch is they will cover the front and back but the side will be exposed.

I don’t know which Kobo you have, but here is their page for the Kobo Libra Colour: https://www.decalgirl.com/collection...a-colour-skins
Old 05-30-2024, 11:59 PM   #4
Pjama
Guru
Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I don’t know of any that do this, no.
Old 05-31-2024, 01:08 AM   #5
shyhermit
Connoisseur

Thanks, Pjama. Do they stay on well and durable in your opinion?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pjama View Post
I don’t know of any that do this, no.
Advert
Old 05-31-2024, 10:34 AM   #6
Pjama
Guru

Yes, the Decal Girl skin I had on my Oasis was durable enough for my purposes - I was still using a case with the skin though - I had bought it purely to give the effect of having a whitish ereader, as I strongly prefer a whitish surround for my screen. It is definitely strong enough to protect from scratches.
Old 06-02-2024, 11:25 AM   #7
7hir7een
Reader of Books
7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Libra Colour, Libra 2, Elipsa, Kindle Basic (11th gen)
I used DecalGirl skins with my Libra H2O and my Libra 2 and I was highly satisfied with both. They are durable and of good quality.
7hir7een is offline   Reply With Quote